There's so much more to Breckenridge in the winter than just world-class skiing and snowboarding. Our fun, unique town offers a plethora of winter activities that will pump your adrenaline and make for unforgettable memories. Start planning your trip now with winter activities the entire family will love.
Here are four adventurous ways to explore Breckenridge this winter...
Dog Sledding Tours
Bundle up and take a ride with some of our local experts and local pups while enjoying the beautiful scenery of our backcountry. This magical ride will take you through a forest of endless spruce trees and valleys with panoramic mountain views. See our favorite dog sledding spots below and book your reservation today for an experience the whole family will love.
- Good Times Adventures - A gorgeous six-mile tour along the winding trails of Swan River Valley.
- Alpine Adventures Dog Sledding - An hour and 20-minute sleigh ride through Leadville.
Dash through the snow this winter on a scenic sleigh ride through the powdery mountains of Summit County. Pick through our selection of sleigh ride options and plan a fun afternoon with family, an evening with friends, or a romantic tour with your loved one.
- Breckenridge Stables - A 35-45 minute sleigh ride through Breck Ski Resort with views of the town.
- Two Below Zero - Offers two options: Scenic hot cocoa sleigh ride group experience with entertainment or a "One-horse" open sleigh ride for a more romantic mountain experience.
- Golden Horseshoe Sleigh Rides - An evening sleigh ride through the Colorado's backcountry.
Escape into the heart of the Colorado Rockies with miles of perfectly groomed trails and endless powder-filled bowls and meadows to explore. This incredible experience offers rides for beginners to experts. You can even take a self-guided tour if you'd like!
- Breckenridge Snowmobiling Tours & Rentals - Choose between an array of tour options that'll take you through the high alpine bowls and the meadows of the continental divide.
- High Country Tours - Offers either a scenic or action tour options.
- Colorado Snowmobile - Offers guided or self-guided tours. Pick anywhere between a two-hour to an all-day ride.
- Elk Mountain Adventures - Options for all experience levels!
Ride uphill, in the trees, on the open meadows with a guided snowbike tour through endless acres of private land. Choose between a full or half-day tour with Elk Mountain Adventures for an experience you'll never forget.
Looking for other things to do off the slopes this winter? Check out our Breckenridge bucket list and our winter activities blog.
If you haven't found the perfect vacation rental yet, we have a portfolio of over 180 stunning homes for you and your family to enjoy. Check out our available Breckenridge rental properties, and feel free to give us a call at 855.704.5091 with any questions. We’d love to help you create memories here in Breck.